Sunday, June 15, 2008

In Remembrance

OK, so I promised you a blog after I did some work...that obviously never happened, so I didn't blog. I'm sure everybody was devastated. I also promised you in the coming attractions feature of the blog an explanation of how this blog has already gotten me in trouble. That will come as well. There's something else on my mind today(besides the fact that it's father's day..and my father and I are kind of estranged. I just couldn't find the "thanks for cheating on my mother multiple times" card I was looking for to really sum up how I feel)...

14 years ago on this date the world gained an angel...and lost somebody really, really special. She had the most free spirit of anybody I've ever known, and she was fearless. She loved her daughters more than I've ever seen any mother love their children. She was my mother when I thought my dad was dead. She was my mother's best friend, and I know that my mother has never even tried to find another one...for she was irreplaceable. She wanted me to learn to swim so badly that she jumped into her own pool fully clothed to demonstrate how easy it could be. She let us ride in the back of the station wagon so we could wave at the other drivers. She never got tired of hearing me sing, or watching our performances, or generally being excited about life. Most of all, she's responsible for the spirit of the person I love most in this world...a person who is truly her mother's daughter, and I can't think of a higher compliment. I hope it's okay that I'm writing about this; if it's not, please tell me and I'll take it down. R.I.P, Mrs. J....