Thursday, June 19, 2008

Boston Pride

So, I've had this blog for like a week and a half and am already seriously slacking. Bad news. You all(three of you...I think. That's if all of you are even reading it)are going to have to bare with me while I get this incomplete paper finished, because I'm spending every spare second at work trying to get it done and am then either napping or working when I'm home. But so much to say! So much rage to vent! I want to say it's a good thing I don't really have time to write, or this blog would be really, really "bloggy" and I didn't set this up for that. But quickly:

My boss is about to take over the entire courthouse management office. As of now we occupy a small corner in the back, but when it comes July 31st, everybody in the management office now is getting canned and he's taking over with his own staff(right now we just do maintenance for the courthouse). So, needless to say, there's much to be done. I'm just kind of pissed because when I started this job there was NOTHING to be done because it was still unclear who was taking over the office Aug. 1st(whether it would be us or BCMA who runs it now). I could bring my books and try to get work done...I've come to expect this. My boss now has a month to get ready to run the entire Boston courthouse, so I understand he's stressed, but today he loaded a 147 pg document on the computer with NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN CODES on it(this isn't one of my exaggerations) and asked me to make sure every code was present on the 24 page hard copy of the report...I had to cross-reference 997 codes, and write down any that were missing. This took roughly eight, eye bleeding hours as my eyes darted from ancient computer screen to ancient document. As I did this, my boss sat in the conference room and watched the Celtics parade...

That's right: the parade. We had a parade today because one of our teams won a championship! Isn't that exciting?? Boston teams never win championships...oh, wait, there's a fucking parade here every month. All the roads close, everybody who might drive to work gets on the T, and all the rabid parade-goers use the T as well. Get to know your neighbor. The 35 year old with the green knee socks and Celtics headband which includes little bobbly four leaf clover ears. Girl, you look awesome. Don't let anybody tell you to get an effing life, least of all me. You were totally justified when you called out of work this morning(if you have a job) and painted your face like a five year old. We won a championship! And hey, it's great to see all the BU undergraduates again, too. Thank you for wearing skirts so short that I can see your uterus, otherwise I don't know how I'd identify you. I missed you.

Oh, and I'm in love with the other administrative assistant in the office, the one that runs the front desk...that makes three people right now, counting my boyfriend....

So I got bloggy....

No comments: